What do you get when you combine the timeless elegance of a Victorian hotel with the stunning ambiance of a serene Midwest riverfront? You get the perfect riverfront wedding venue in Minnesota, right here at our Stillwater MN Hotel, the Water Street Inn.
Your wedding, like many we’ve happily and successfully hosted before, can be just as infused as those others with all the romance, class, refinement, and grace of an experienced wedding host — oh, and with the bonus of a spectacular scenic backdrop of the St. Croix River for your special day that will live on forever in the photographs and memories you’ll savor for the rest of your wedded lives.
If you agree, start the process of booking our venue by filling out a short questionnaire online. Then reserve your rooms at our Stillwater MN Hotel, Minnesota’s top riverfront wedding venue in Minnesota.
Why We’re the Best Wedding Venue in Minnesota
Built in the 1890s, our Stillwater MN hotel and its elegant fixtures and furnishings hark back to the sweeping grandeur of the gilded and glamorous Victorian age. This gorgeous building — just check out its colorful and varied history! — will dazzle you and your wedding party with its exquisite architecture and grand ballrooms that are as opulent as they are versatile, allowing you to choose your special shade of warm Victorian ambiance and tailor it to your specific tastes.
You’ll be bowled over by our riverfront wedding venue’s romantic and richly appointed guest rooms, many of which offer magnificent river views, featuring tasteful décor and double whirlpool tubs. Most offer gas fireplaces and private balconies, features that are sure to please everyone on your wedding guest list.
Either before or after the wedding, if you or your guests want to have a little fun, there’s plenty to see and do right here in Stillwater, and our hotel is the perfect place from which to explore it all. Here is just a taste of what awaits you in our charming, historic hotel.
- We have not only one dining venue but three on the premises of our Stillwater MN Hotel. Charlie’s Restaurant offers breakfast fare, as well as lunch and dinner. Next door, Charlie’s Pub offers Irish-themed pub grub and drinks. (Walk-up and takeout service only for now, but check back!) Both offer spectacular views of the Stillwater Lift Bridge, one of America’s last surviving vertical-lift spans.
- Our newest pride and joy is Papa’s Rooftop, above the fourth floor. The views of the St. Croix River, the Stillwater Lift Bridge, and the city are spectacular, so bring your camera, and our food and drinks are every bit the equal of the scenery. There are limited food and beverage service in winter. Enjoy the fire pit!
- We fully comply with all COVID-19 guidelines, protocols, and restrictions. We have your safety and that of the rest of our guests — and yours — uppermost in mind at all times, and will work tirelessly to accommodate you and your party as serendipitously and responsibly as possible.
- In the spirit of romance in all forms, we offer a number of packages and enhancements designed to bring you closer to your special someone. Our single-night Bed, Breakfast & Dinner and Birthday packages, our Wine & Cheese Basket, our In-Room Massages … all are designed to keep you happy and relaxed, whether you’re here for a wedding or on another kind of memorable getaway.
- From cross-country skiing to shopping, there’s no shortage of fun things to do in Stillwater beyond our extraordinary wedding venue in Minnesota. Check out our suggestions here.
Discover the Best Place to Get Married in Minnesota
We’re confident that no other wedding venue in Minnesota can bring the same grand sense of Victorian style to your special day that we can. We’ve hosted hundreds of weddings have no shortage of great reviews to show for it. But find out more for yourself — call us, email us, sign up for our newsletter (all contact info can be found at the bottom of the home page), and follow our Instagram page as well.