When you begin to plan your next weekend getaway from the city, our Stillwater MN lodging is the ideal hotel with small-town charm but big-time luxury. Our little town of Stillwater is known as one of Minnesota’s most charming places to visit. Still, it’s also an excellent location for a quick getaway from Minneapolis (35 minutes by car) or St. Paul (only 25 minutes).
After a quick drive, check-in with our welcoming staff at our Stillwater MN lodging, and let the relaxation begin. Our 61-room hotel offers sweeping views of the historic lift bridge and picturesque St. Croix River. Our walkable location puts you nearby excellent dining and bar options (not to mention our three in-house choices), shopping, and historical tours.
Our Stillwater MN lodging has unique guest suites with all the amenities for a peaceful and comfortable stay. Climb into your double jetted tub, gaze at the stunning riverfront views, or put your feet up by a cozy gas fireplace with a glass of wine. If you’re ready to explore, the river walk is lovely, and there are so many things to do in Stillwater, MN, on your vacation. Join us for your next weekend getaway and book your stay today!
Best Stillwater MN Lodging to Explore the Area
Now that you’ve booked your Stillwater MN lodging accommodations, it’s time to plan your itineraries. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Stillwater near our historic Inn.
- Hiking and biking are popular pastimes in Stillwater. If you’d like to find a hike or a place to bike but don’t want to stay close to the downtown area, the trailhead for Brown’s Creek State Trail is just a quick drive from our Stillwater MN lodging. Stop off at Gateway Trailside, a great food truck parked just with hikers and bikers in mind. You can easily rent bikes from Diro Outdoors, located right at our Stillwater Hotel and our guests receive discounted pricing.
- One of the best first things to do here is riding the Stillwater Trolley. The company has been taking guests on historical tours of the city since 1989, so leave it to the experts! The 45-minute narrated tour takes you by beautiful Victorian architecture, the St. Croix River, and gives you a chance to plan your visit to the charming downtown. They pick up right outside our Stillwater Hotel!
- There are many ways to enjoy the St. Croix River; Stillwater River Boats offers lunch and dinner cruises aboard an old-fashioned riverboat. Luckily, there are many boat rental companies to suit your needs for those who would rather be the captain. Here for a romantic getaway? Book an outing with Gondola Romantica for a unique date gliding on the water, just for two.
- The Warden’s House Museum is an exciting tour for historical tidbits about the area. For the true history buffs, there’s a complete list of tours you might want to add to your itinerary—there are many things to learn about this charming small town!
- There’s no shortage of adult beverages in Stillwater! You’ll want to take the time to explore a little bit away from the Riverfront and check out Saint Croix Vineyards for flights, wine tours, and live music on Saturdays in the spring and summer. And right back in the heart of downtown Stillwater, check out Maple Island Brewing for craft beers and excellent Mexican street food at El Coronel food truck.
- One of our favorite things to do in Stillwater is hit the three local rooftop patios in downtown Stillwater MN for fantastic riverfront views. For upscale pub grub and cocktails, hit Portside, or you’ll find craft beer and meat-focused fare at Brick and Bourbon. And conveniently, during your stay at our Stillwater MN lodging accommodations, our favorite spot is on Papa’s Rooftop for Italian-style meals, wood-fired pizza, and cocktails with a stunning view (reopening in May!).
- At some point, you’ll want to stop for ice cream! Nelson’s Ice Cream serves up various flavors in giant scoops and cones. Or, if you prefer soft serve, MN Nice Cream offers creative flavors with lots of toppings.
Our staff at the best Stillwater MN lodging option is happy to help you make dinner reservations, set up boat tours, and advise the best trip in Minnesota. Please ask!
Step Back in Time at our Stillwater Boutique Hotel
The Water Street Inn is as iconic as it is stately, and it’s the ideal Stillwater MN lodging. Situated directly on the St. Croix Riverfront with stunning panoramic views, you’ll love to sit on your private balcony or our rooftop bar (reopening soon!) gazing out at the water. The guest rooms are comfortable with high-end amenities, from comfy king-size beds, cozy fireplaces, double whirlpool tubs (suite rooms only), and all with that midwest charm.
With the coming of spring, it’s time to start planning your next visit to Stillwater, MN, be it for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a solo escape for some time to reset. Our downtown boutique hotel can accommodate all of your needs. Check our availability and book your room at our Stillwater MN lodging today!