Our Hotel is One of the Best Minnesota Wedding Venues
The Water Street Inn, located in the heart of Downtown Stillwater, is one of the best Minnesota wedding venues for your upcoming ceremony and reception. Our historic luxury Inn—a beautiful Victorian-era hotel—is a grand space for your event. Constructed in the 1890s, the elegant fixtures and furniture invite one back to the grandeur of the period, dazzling your wedding guests with exquisite architecture and magnificent rooms.
You’ll also take in one of the most stunning, panoramic views in all of Stillwater from our luxury hotel, just another reason why we’re one of the best choices of Minnesota wedding venues. The bright, sparkling waters of the St. Croix River, the rolling verdant hills, and the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge. We’re also within walking distance to all of the best things to do in Stillwater MN, from elegant dining and casual breweries, charming local shops, and outdoor adventures.
The first thing you’ll notice at our historic Water Street Inn is the romantic Victorian atmosphere. The warm Victorian theme permeates every inch of our space, from the lobby to spacious hotel rooms. Our 61 exquisite guest rooms at our Stillwater Hotel feature double whirlpools, vintage décor, and most include gas fireplaces and balconies, sure to please everyone on your guest list. Most importantly, when it comes to Minnesota wedding venues, our grand and versatile ballrooms allow you to choose the ambiance you desire for your big day. Start planning and book a tour today!
Why The Water Street Inn is One of the Best Minnesota Wedding Venues
The Victorian era was a time of romance, class, refinement, and grace. The term ‘Victorian’ renders from the styles and disposition during the reign of Queen Victoria, whose marriage to Prince Albert in 1840 influenced the traditional wedding ceremonies and receptions we experience today.
Elegant accommodations and exquisite fair became central to the celebration of wedded bliss. During the Victorian era, weddings evolved into more spectacle than previous times. Family and friends traveled by horse and buggy to witness the coming together of two families. None of the other Minnesota wedding venues near Stillwater can match the romance of the Victorian Era elegance than we can. Here are seven reasons we’re one of the best Minnesota wedding venues:
- It’s all about versatility! We offer multiple options for holding your ceremony when you choose from our Minnesota wedding venues for your wedding. There are various configurations for events in our large Grand Ballroom (maximum 250 guests). We use three different layouts depending on the size of your event. Papa’s Rooftop is one of the more impressive locales with sweeping views of the river and outdoor fire tables (maximum 150 guests).
- The Ballroom features a wooden dance floor and has audio and visual capabilities. We recommend Minnesota Wedding Party for DJ services for an exciting night filled with great music and a lively MC.
- We provide tables, chairs, linens, and tableware for all events—you won’t find this full package service at all Minnesota wedding venues near Stillwater. Couples don’t need to stress or worry about a thing! You’ll work closely with our event planner and staff to pick the layout that best fits your wishes.
- There’s very little we don’t offer when it comes to meal choices. From breakfast buffets and lunch spreads to gourmet plated dinners with anything from tray-passed hors d’oeuvres, carving stations, high-end additions like lobster tails, and roasted meats. We pride ourselves on putting together wedding feasts to impress even the most particular guests! Thankfully, we have three full-service restaurants on-site, which makes catering your wedding a breeze.
- We have an extensive selection of beverage services for your cocktail hour, toasts, and reception as well: bottled and kegged beer, wine, Champagne, and specialty mixed drinks. We also provide all of the staff for serving and bartending.
- We have a great list of recommendations for additional services (i.e., cake, photos, florist, and shuttles). If it’s not something that we handle personally at our Stillwater MN Hotel, we love to offer you this selection of vetted and competent local businesses to fill those roles.
- One of the main things that set us apart from other Minnesota wedding venues is you’ll be able to book a block of guest rooms. Including lodging on-site creates a sense of community among your wedding guests. More often than not, our overnight guests convene in one of our on-site bars before or after the event. And with rooms just upstairs, people can relax and have fun without worrying about driving home. Be sure to chat about booking guest rooms with your event planner!
We’re confident that none of the other Minnesota wedding venues near Stillwater can bring the same grand sense of Victorian style to your special day that we can. We’ve hosted hundreds of weddings and have no shortage of great reviews to show for it. Here’s a recent comment from a more than satisfied bride: “We are so in love with the Water Street Inn. It was an incredible venue for our winter wedding. We had a ton of positive feedback from guests; it truly created the romantic ambiance we had hoped for. The rooms are so unique, and the entire hotel had so much charm. It makes for great photos!”
Meet Your Wedding Planner Extraordinaire: Julie K. Rademacher
Your wedding should be a day filled with love and laughter; a magical event you’ve always dreamed about. Ultimately, it should also be as stress-free as possible for the happy couple, that’s where Julie K. Rademacher comes in. With her years of in-depth experience planning extraordinary affairs, there’s very little that she can’t make perfect. Not only will she assist you with every detail of your ceremony and reception, she can also help with lodging coordination, decor options, and be emotional support through this exciting time.
Before Julie came to work solely for the Water Street Inn, she planned events at several of the Minnesota wedding venues across the state, and our luxury Victorian Hotel stands out to her as the best of the best. One of the main things that set us apart from other Minnesota wedding venues is the versatility of our space. And now with Julie and her amazing staff members, your wedding will be exactly what you’ve been Julie’s motto: “Let me be your fairy godmother: Tell me what your dream wedding looks like and let me make all of your dreams come true.”
Julie’s presence definitely makes our Stillwater Hotel one of the best Minnesota wedding venues. From one of our recent happy brides: “Julie was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so accommodating, friendly, and helpful! She was on top of things which allowed me to relax a bit more on my wedding day. I highly recommend!!” Contact us today and let’s start planning the wedding of your dreams!
Ideally Located in Downtown Stillwater
The downtown area of Stillwater MN is consistently recognized as one of the most charming small towns in the midwest. We’re often hosting couples at the hotel for romantic getaways, many of whom have ended up booking their weddings here. When choosing from all the Minnesota wedding venues in the midwest, you’ll want to take location into consideration. A wedding isn’t just about the big day; it’s also about the time leading up to the event. You’ll want to be in a place with fantastic restaurants and bars, outdoor adventures, and fun activities for your family and friends to experience.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in Stillwater MN, near our hotel:
- One of the things that make us one of the best Minnesota wedding venues is the view of the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge. You won’t have to go far for this one, as it’s right out the window of our grand ballroom, but it’s an exceptional sight to behold. It’s also an ideal backdrop for beautiful wedding photos.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the scenic St. Croix River Valley. Such a romantic outing for the time leading up to your wedding day or if you’re staying on longer for your honeymoon.
- Take a historical walking tour of downtown Stillwater, taking in the beautiful architecture and stopping into the various shops along the way. This is a great activity for friends and family to check out during their stay for your big day.
- Burn off some of that nervous wedding energy and climb the historic steps of Stillwater! Stillwater was constructed into the hillsides surrounding the St. Croix River; you’ll find five sets of stairs that take you from the bottom, near the river, to the top, where you can enjoy stunning views of the river and valley below.
- Steal away for a quiet picnic a day or two before the big day, and enjoy one of the best views of Stillwater at Pioneer Park.
- Enjoy some wine tasting with your bridesmaids in the St. Croix River Valley. Our favorite destinations include St. Croix Vineyards and Seven Vines Vineyard. If you’d prefer a beer or cider, head to Lift Bridge Brewery or Thors Hard Cider.
- Not all Minnesota wedding venues can boast a riverfront location, which makes enjoying a cruise on the river with St. Croix Riverboats all the more feasible. These scenic paddleboats offer daily tours and offer a unique way to see this gorgeous area. Such a lovely way to spend time with family and friends!
- Are you looking for a great groomsmen activity? Hiking and biking along some of the area’s best trails should do the trick. The St. Croix River Crossing Loop Trail begins outside our Inn on the historic lift bridge and continues 4.5 miles before heading back across the river on the St. Croix Crossing Bridge into downtown.