There’s something extraordinary about a vintage Victorian wedding—the glamour, call to the past, and elegance of that time. Thankfully, our Stillwater Hotel—one of the premier Minnesota wedding venues—is the perfect backdrop for this theme. The original structure, which was home to the Lumber Exchange building, was built in 1890, right in the heart of the Victorian era.
The first thing you’ll notice at our Stillwater Hotel is the elegant fixtures and furniture harkening back to the style of the Victorian period. Your wedding guests will love the exquisite architecture and magnificent rooms for overnight accommodations—of which you’ll be able to book a block of guest rooms for your Victorian wedding for the ease and enjoyment of your closest family and friends.
The Water Street Inn is in the ideal location for your big day in Stillwater’s historic waterfront district. We’re only 3o minutes from the Twin Cities and about 35 minutes from the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. The Stillwater Lift Bridge is a favorite backdrop for wedding photos, and you’ll love one of our romantic guest suites for your first night together as a happily married couple.
Start by arranging a tour and consultation with our wedding planner and get your lodging on the books!
The Perfect Venue of your Victorian Wedding
We’re confident that none of the other Minnesota wedding venues near Stillwater can bring the same grand sense of Victorian style to your special day that we can. Thankfully, the stunning natural beauty of the St. Croix River and the Stillwater Lift Bridge sets the backdrop. Our location in the heart of downtown is ideal, and you’ll love being able to slip upstairs to your honeymoon suite after your big event comes to a close.
Here are five things to know about planning a Victorian wedding at the Water Street Inn:
- We offer multiple venues for your ceremony when you choose our Stillwater Hotel. There are various configurations for events in our large Grand Ballroom (maximum 250 guests), with three different layouts depending on the size of your event. Papa’s Rooftop is one of the more unique locations with sweeping views of the river and the historic bridge (maximum 150 guests).
- It’s all about the details! At our venue, we provide tables, chairs, linens, and tableware for all events—you won’t find this full package service just anywhere, but it’s an important offering to relieve excess stress or worry. You’ll work closely with our event planner and staff to pick the layout that best fits your Victorian wedding.
- Catering takes place on-site, and we offer anything from breakfast buffets and lunch spreads to gourmet plated dinners, carving stations, and high-end gourmet additions. If there’s something you imagine being served on your big day, we’d love to accommodate if we can. No Victorian wedding is complete without an abundant feast!
- We also provide all beverage options, from bottled and kegged beer, wine, Champagne, and specialty mixed drinks. Our amazing on-staff bartenders are always on hand to serve your wedding guests with a smile.
- Lastly, you’ll want to take advantage of our spacious hotel and book a block of guest rooms for your wedding day. Not only is this convenient for your guests, but it also adds an element of camaraderie and relaxation. Be sure to chat with your wedding planner about booking for your guests.
When you begin to plan your Victorian wedding at our Stillwater Hotel, you’ll be delighted to meet Julie K. Rademacher. She’s our wedding planner extraordinaire, and with years of designing weddings of all sizes and themes, her track record for successful events is unparralled. She knows every inch of our Minnesota wedding venue and can help you create the big day you’ve always dreamed about.
In her words: “Let me be your fairy godmother: Tell me what your dream wedding looks like and let me make all of your dreams come true.” Not only will Julie be your planner, but she serves as the perfect emotional support during this stressful but exciting time in a couple’s life together. Start by booking a tour here to meet with Julie and our fantastic staff members and get your Victorian wedding on the calendar.
Stunning Views for our Guest Suites
Our Stillwater Hotel is the perfect place to spend your first night together as newlyweds, Our guest suites come fully equipped with modern amenities, but each room has special touches that make your stay memorable. Private balconies with sweeping views of the river or comfy chairs by cozy fireplaces are the best spots to enjoy a bottle of wine and rehash your big day from start to finish. We always love to welcome our newly married couple to stay on for a mini-moon and explore our charming, romantic town of Stillwater.
Book your venue for your Victorian wedding and let the festivities begin!