Heading out to brunch in Stillwater MN during your vacation is one of the best ways to start the day. Bubbly mimosas, freshly brewed coffee, and excellent AM entrees are just the beginning. You’ll find lovely local cafes, many family-owned and operated, with beautiful views of the St. Croix River and the historic lift bridge. Thankfully, Stillwater has one of the most walkable small downtown areas, so you’ll be able to park your car and explore on foot during your time here.
As a guest at our boutique hotel, you’ll love our waterfront location and the vicinity to all of the nearby restaurants and cafes for the best brunch in Stillwater MN. Not only will you have options on-site at Charlie’s Restaurant, but all of these spots are within walking distance of our Inn. After a long brunch, relax in your luxurious guest room to refresh before heading out on the nearby hiking trails, shopping downtown, or on a boat cruise on the river. There are so many things to do in Stillwater, and you’ll see why guests return year after year.
Check out our upcoming availability and book your next getaway today!
Head to These Best Places for Brunch in Stillwater MN
During your stay, one of the best places for brunch in Stillwater MN is located on-site at the Water Street Inn. Charlie’s Restaurant offers breakfast seven days a week, with hearty sweet and savory entrees, a full bar, and impeccable service. Better yet, book ahead to have a four-course breakfast delivered to your guest suite.
For those looking to explore the brunch in Stillwater MN, near the Inn, here are four spots to check out:
- The Main Cafe: For classic morning fare from eggs Benedict, triple berry French toast, and chicken fried steak, this longtime diner is a great spot that’s just a matter of steps from our lobby.
- Mon Petit Cheri: This bakery and kitchen is the perfect cozy cafe for coffee drinks, pastries, and breakfast sandwiches. What’s brunch in Stillwater MN, without a freshly baked, giant cinnamon roll?
- Feller: You’ll find a farm-to-table menu for brunch, lunch, and dinner at this local modern eatery. Don’t miss the trout benedict, housemade biscuits and wild-boar gravy, and the flapjacks with bourbon maple syrup.
- Coffee Paw Cafe: This adorable, cozy cafe offers local kombucha on tap, frothy lattes, and homemade baked goods, including savory options like quiche and hashes.
Dining Options on-site at Water Street Inn:
- Charlie’s Restaurant: As mentioned above, Charlie’s is one of the best spots for brunch in Stillwater MN, but we also offer lunch and dinner fare. A favorite of our guests is our weekly wine dinners, which entail four creative courses paired with wines from around the globe.
- Charlie’s Pub: Our on-site Irish pub is an excellent spot in Stillwater for a casual place to have a beer and a burger. Find an outdoor area on the patio overlooking the river. Every Friday and Saturday night, we host talented musicians playing traditional Irish music; it’s as fun and festive as it gets!
- Papa’s Rooftop: Head up to the top of our Stillwater Hotel for stunning views, wood-fired pizzas, and housemade cocktails. It’s truly the best place in Stillwater for an evening on the town.
Comfortable Lodging at our Historic Stillwater Hotel
There’s romance in the air at our Victorian-era Stillwater Hotel. Each of our guest suites is unique and offers comfortable spaces to unwind and relax. Our location, directly on the St. Croix River in the downtown core of Stillwater, gives you ample choices for brunch in Stillwater MN, as well as other dining and bar options. Visiting the charming shops, local boutiques, museums, and historical tours is a must!
Sneak in a quick weekend getaway at our lovely Stillwater boutique hotel before the end of summer. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel right at home in our comfortably appointed guest rooms and have everything you’ll need for a restful and memorable stay in Minnesota. Book your room today!