Stillwater, MN, is known for a few things: as a charming small town on the St. Croix River, a lovely location to get away from the city, and a great place to grab a drink. One of those great places is Charlie’s Pub located at one of the best hotels in Stillwater. Around town, you’ll also find a fantastic selection of local breweries, distilleries, speakeasies, and wine bars. At these bars in Stillwater, MN, you’ll taste some delicious craft brews, cocktails, and spirits—and maybe even meet some of the friendly locals while you’re at it. Many of these establishments offer outdoor seating, ideal for those late spring and warm summer days.
Our hotel in Stillwater is the perfect place to enjoy an adult beverage! We have three on-site establishments: Charlie’s Pub for casual grub and live music; Charlie’s Restaurant known for our weekly wine dinners; and Papa’s Rooftop for pizza and cocktails with the best vantage point. The Water Street Inn is as iconic as it is stately, situated directly on the St. Croix Riverfront with stunning panoramic views.
As a guest, you’ll love grabbing a drink or two, listening to live music, and then heading up to your room. All of our 61 guest rooms are comfortable with high-end amenities, from comfy king-size beds and cozy fireplaces to private balconies and double whirlpool tubs (suite rooms only). Each room is unique and offers a sense of Midwest charm paired with the history of the Victorian era. Start planning your next fun getaway to Stillwater and book your room today!
Charlie's Pub & More Great Bars in Stillwater, MN
Stillwater is a fun town! It’s the perfect destination for a quick weekend getaway or a more extended vacation. As you explore the city, you’ll find many bars in Stillwater with lovely cocktail menus, thoughtful wine lists, and delicious craft brews. As a guest, you’ll be steps away from the lively atmosphere of Charlie’s Pub and so much more. Here are the best bars in Stillwater to grab a drink and relax:
- Charlie’s Pub: Our on-site casual pub opens onto the hotel’s 300-foot outdoor patio overlooking the river. It’s a perfect place to view the Stillwater Lift Bridge, grab a meal with friends, and relax. Inside Charlie’s Pub it’s beautifully decorated in Victorian style with a full bar offering a long list of imported and domestic beers. The atmosphere is festive on the weekends, as we feature live Irish music every Friday and Saturday night from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Papa’s Rooftop: Located on the 4th floor of our historic hotel on the St. Croix River, you’ll find the best views in the city. You’ll find tasty cocktails, hand-tossed pizzas, and fire tables if there’s a chill in the air.
- Charlie’s Restaurant: For a most elegant affair, we offer fine dining on-site at Charlie’s Restaurant just adjacent to Charlie’s Pub. Our weekly signature wine dinners are a hit with locals and tourists alike, so if you happen to be here mid-week, join us for a four-course meal paired with beautiful wines.
- River Siren Brewing: It’s all about gathering, drinking craft ales, enjoying culinary treats from rotating food trucks, and river views at this brewery in Stillwater. They host live music on Friday and Saturday nights, as well.
- The Velveteen Speakeasy: Head down into this cozy subterranean cocktail bar for elevated drinks, skilled bartenders, and tasty snacks in this art deco–inspired lounge.
- 45th Parallel Distillery: You’ll find a great little tasting room at this satellite distillery in Stillwater, MN, just around the corner from our hotel. Book a tour and tasting from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Domanćin Wine Bar: This local wine bar is the perfect date night spot for casual wine bites or full entrees like gnocchi and duck breast. The wine list is extensive, so be sure to ask the helpful staff for their recommendations.
- The Tilted Tiki Tropical Bar: Sit back and soak up the island vibes at this Tiki-themed bar in Stillwater. It’s just a quick walk from our hotel for Mai-Tais, flavorful sharable plates, and a relaxed atmosphere.
As a guest at our hotel in Stillwater, be sure to ask any of our helpful staff members for details about Charlie’s Pub or any of our on-site establishments.
Stay at One of the Best Hotels in Stillwater, MN
It’s time to grab a drink at Charlie’s Pub! As you plan your getaway from the city, you’ll want to choose one of the best hotels in Stillwater, MN. And the Water Street Inn is the ideal hotel with small-town charm but big-time luxury. Our little town of Stillwater is known as one of Minnesota’s most charming places to visit. And happens to be the perfect distance for a quick getaway from Minneapolis (35 minutes by car) or St. Paul (only 25 minutes).
Our downtown boutique hotel can accommodate all of your needs. After a quick drive, check in with our welcoming staff at one of the best hotels in Stillwater, MN, and let the relaxation begin. Our 61-room hotel offers sweeping views of the historic lift bridge and picturesque St. Croix River. Our walkable location provides excellent dining and bar options nearby (not to mention our three in-house choices, including Charlie’s Pub with live music), incredible shopping, and fascinating historical tours.
As one of the best hotels in Stillwater, MN, our guest rooms are impeccable! Each is equipped with all the amenities for a peaceful and comfortable stay. Climb into your double jetted tub, gaze at the stunning riverfront views, or put your feet up by a cozy gas fireplace with a glass of wine. If you’re ready to explore, the river walk is lovely, and there are so many things to do in Stillwater, MN, on your vacation. Join us for your next weekend getaway, and book your stay today!