Dining out is such an essential element to vacation, and luckily, we have so many great restaurants in Stillwater MN to check out. Our charming small town is a fantastic place to unwind with a casual meal and a locally brewed beer or a fancy fine-dining feast with an elegant bottle of wine. We’re fortunate to have an abundance of culinary talent and nearby farms with beautiful produce and local goods, which are often featured on the menus at these restaurants in Stillwater MN.
The Water Street Inn has the perfect lodging accommodations for those interested in exploring the culinary options in our quaint, but bustling, riverfront town. Our boutique hotel is within walking distance from all of the best things to do in Stillwater and there’s no shortage of amazing restaurants to try. While you’ll love the on-site options, we always have great recommendations for dining out in the town of Stillwater. Start planning your next getaway to Minnesota and book your stay today!
Delicious Meals at Restaurants in Stillwater MN
As a guest at the Water Street Inn, you’ll be in the heart of downtown and within walking distance from the best restaurants in Stillwater MN. Thankfully, we also have three dining experiences on our property for you to enjoy. Charlie’s Restaurant offers a more fine-dining experience, while the adjacent Charlie’s Pub has a more laid-back atmosphere, often with live local musicians. For a romantic experience for two, join us at Charlie’s Restaurant for our weekly Signature Wine Dinners!
The third space to check out at Water Street Inn is Papa’s Rooftop, one of the best restaurants in Stillwater MN, for the most stunning of views. Take in the sweeping panoramic vista of the St. Croix River and the Historic Stillwater Lift Bridge. There’s no better place to enjoy a craft cocktail, under the stars and by the warmth of an outdoor fire. Papa’s Rooftop is still currently closed for the season, but soon enough in spring—May 1st, weather permitting—the pizza oven will be fired up, and the umbrellas opened for a lovely place to take in the scenery.
Check out these Stillwater MN Restaurants:
If you’re heading out on the town to dine nearby, these local restaurants in Stillwater MN are great picks and not far from our Stillwater Hotel. Here are five more places to add to your itinerary:
- Lolo American Kitchen: This American fusion and craft cocktail bar is located less than five minutes from our Stillwater Hotel. Head here for fresh seafood, hearty burgers, and an upbeat atmosphere.
- Lolita Cantina: You’ll find Yucatecan-inspired dishes at this bright and fun cantina and cocktail bar. Juicy and tart margaritas and flavorful share plates are a great start to an evening out.
- Brick and Bourbon: Also just a few minutes walk from our Inn, this is a fantastic choice of all the restaurants in Stillwater MN, for a modern take on classic cocktails and hearty upscale comfort food.
- Tilted Tiki: For a fabulous outdoor patio, fun tiki drinks, and tropical-themed food on Main Street, this is an excellent spot for a lively atmosphere and a flavorful meal.
- Domacin Restaurant: Charcuterie and cheese boards with all of the accouterments, lovely soups and salads, and full elegant entrees make up the food choices at this wine bar in Stillwater. They also offer a nice selection of wines by the glass and the bottle.
As always, our helpful and friendly staff is more than happy to make reservations at these restaurants in Stillwater MN, for you. And if you’re looking for more suggestions, please ask!
One of the Best Views from our Rooftop
The Water Street Inn is a beautiful Victorian-era hotel with deep roots in the history of this small town on the St. Croix River. We have 61 comfortable and unique guest rooms, and each serves as a perfect home base for any getaway to Minnesota. You’ll have everything you need to sit back and relax, either in a comfy chair by a gas fireplace or on your private balcony with views of the historic lift bridge. Every room has a spacious en suite bath with high-end fixtures, fluffy towels, and toiletries.
Our location not only offers you three fantastic on-site dining options, but you’ll be within walking distance to all of the best restaurants in Stillwater MN. It’s no wonder that we have guests who return year after year to experience all of the beautiful things to do in Stillwater and stay in our historic hotel. We can’t wait to host you; book today!