Spending a day out enjoying the water on a Stillwater boat cruise is the perfect activity to add to your itinerary. Hop on an iconic river boat as it glides up and down the St. Croix River, take a moonlit ride on an Italian gondola, or plan a private booking with a local touring company. There are plenty of options for a relaxing Stillwater boat cruise, you’ll just need to find the choice that’s right for you.
The location of our Stillwater Hotel is ideal for those interested in taking some time to enjoy the river. As you walk out the front doors of the lobby, you’re practically at the river shore and the majority of launch sites are within walking distance. You’ll also find a selection of companies offering boats for rental. There’s something special about being a captain for a day!
As a guest at our Stillwater Hotel, you’ll quickly see that we’re right in the heart of Stillwater. Our Historic Hotel encapsulates the past in its Victorian-era style. Pair a stay with us and a ride on one of these classic Stillwater boat cruises and your vacation will be absolutely complete. As always, allow our welcoming and knowledgable staff to help with any reservations you might need. Check our summer availability and book today!
Find the Best Stillwater Boat Cruise for You
One of the best places to be in the summer in Minnesota is nearby or—better yet—on the water. A cool breeze comes off the river cutting through the warmth of the sun. Also, some of these Stillwater boat cruises are more than just a ride on the water! In some cases you’ll find dining options, beverages, and live music.
Here are four local spots offering Stillwater boat cruises that shouldn’t be missed:
- Stillwater River Boats: For more than a decade this Stillwater boat tour agency has been offering lunch and dinner cruises along the St. Croix on historic river boats. There are public and private cruise options, and the view from the deck of these beautiful ships is wonderful. This year welcomes back The Emperors of Jazz band for live classics.
- Lady Chateau: If you’d like to sail the St. Croix in luxury, this private chartered yacht is the best pick for you. You’ll take in the beautiful views of the river from the upper deck, while inside be surrounded by teak, leather, and fine art. Design your three hour tour as you see fit, entertain with drinks, dine on local cuisine, or put your feet up and take in the scenery.
- Gondola Romantica: This is the best choice for a Stillwater boat cruise if romance is your focus. Find the feeling of Venice right here on the shores of the St. Croix River. Plan for a daytime sail, or up the ambiance even more with a moonlit ride along the water. Picnics and Champagne are encouraged!
- St. Croix Riverboat Cruises: Climb aboard this modern river boat cruise for themed lunches, brunches, and parties. Options like a theater brunch cruise or the Friday Italian dinner sailing are popular picks and sure to be a memorable part of your vacation to Stillwater.
Be Your Own Captain with Stillwater Boat Rentals
You’ll also find a nice selection of boat rental companies for those who like to captain their own vessel. You’ll be the guide of your own Stillwater boat cruise with these options. There’s an array of boats from pontoons to speed boats for zipping up and down the St. Croix river:
Here are three local company offering Stillwater boat rentals:
- Your Boat Club: Find an impressive line-up of boats for rent at this local dock, from Bennington and Sea Ray to Glastron and Bryant, you’ll have your pick of fishing boats or speedy-styles for a beautiful day on the water.
- Stillwater Boat Rentals: If you enjoy sitting back and relaxing, then rent one of these luxury pontoon-style boats for an afternoon in the sun. They offer full or half day rentals from their pristine fleet.
- Ole Sawmill Marina: Just north of the historic downtown area this marina has pontoon boats available for rentals seven days a week for half and full day time slots.
Personable Service You Won’t Forget at our Stillwater Hotel
Our boutique Stillwater Hotel is the perfect escape for a romantic weekend away from the city, a fun-filled family adventure, or even just a solo getaway to clear your mind. Each room offers comfort, high-end amenities, and stunning views of the St. Croix River. You’ll love watching each Stillwater boat cruise as it glides along the river from our rooftop deck or from the privacy of you own balcony.
You also won’t be disappointed by our dining option at the Water Street Inn. Take your pick from classic American fine dining at Charlie’s Restaurant, Charlie’s Pub for casual grub and live music in our Irish-themed tavern, and Italian fare from the elevated bar and grill Papa’s Rooftop. You won’t have to go far for an amazing meal. Join us this summer and book your stay today!