February is the most popular, and obvious, time of year to plan romantic getaways and make big romantic gestures. But with so many romantic things to do in Stillwater MN throughout the year, and incredible accommodations like the Water Street Inn to consider, did you know that anytime is a great time to plan a romantic getaway to the historic town of Stillwater MN?
We know just how important it is to get away and have some special time away, just the two of you. And we know how fun it is to have plenty of things to do while you’re away. But we also know how important it is to have comfortable, unique, and romantic accommodations. Our stunning hotel provides exactly that, right on the banks of the picturesque St. Croix River.
Not only are we an exceptionally romantic couples getaway in Minnesota, but there are plenty of fun and romantic things to do in Stillwater MN once here. We’re within walking distance of most of it, too. Let us show you just how romantic Stillwater MN can be. Book a room at the historic Water Street Inn, Stillwater’s #1-rated hotel, today!
The Most Romantic Things to do in Stillwater MN
There’s a reason Stillwater MN is one of the most popular romantic getaway destinations in MN and it has at least something to do with the scenic beauty, not to mention the variety of romantic things to do in Stillwater. It’s a great place to have a little fun together and to reignite the flames of passion.
Of all the romantic things to do in Stillwater MN, we think getting outside to enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty of surroundings is at the very top of the list. Luckily, there are plenty of great places to explore, and it all starts right here at our scenic riverfront hotel. Though the scenic St. Croix River is at the center of Stillwater’s charm, it’s not all there is to this charming town! As you get started planning your next getaway, here are 10 of the most romantic things to do in Stillwater, MN.
- Whisk yourself off to the romantic ambiance of Venice, Italy, and take a romantic gondola ride for two right here on the St. Croix River in front of our hotel. It is, without a doubt, one of the most romantic things to do in Stillwater MN.
- If a gondola isn’t for you, maybe a ride on a historic paddle wheeler is? This is a beautiful way to sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery of the St. Croix River and surrounding areas.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Charlie’s Restaurant, or, when the whether’s nice, Papa’s Rooftop Restaurant overlooking the river.
- Shop and browse through the historic district of Downtown Stillwater, which was ranked as the state’s most picturesque small town in 2015. It has a large number of well-preserved buildings dating back to the 1800s and more than 100 owner-operated shops and restaurants to explore.
- Sip local wine and local vineyards as you visit some of the beautiful wineries along the Minnesota Wine Trail.
- Enjoy some pre-dinner drinks and romantic conversation at Domacin Restaurant & Wine Bar, which was recently named by Travel & Leisure magazine as one of America’s top 25 wine bars.
- Transport yourself back in time with an old-fashioned milkshake or banana split at Leo’s Grill & Malt, a 1950s inspired diner with vintage Coca-Cola signs on its walls.
- Indulge in something special for the two of you and treat yourself to spa services at places like Brick Alley Studio, Just For Me Spa, home to the incredible Salt Cave Sanctuary. Choose from a range of services, including Swedish massages, Thai massages, deep tissue massages, couples massages, and reflexology.
- Enjoy a bit of Stillwater’s nightlife, including live music and other performances right here at our Charlie’s Irish Pub.
- Get out for an adventure together! Whether cross country or downhill skiing in the winter or biking and hiking throughout the rest of the year, there are plenty of ways for couples to play together and enjoy all of the romantic things to do in Stillwater MN.
Where to Stay For Your Couple’s Getaway in Minnesota
While visiting and enjoying these romantic things to do in Stillwater MN, you’ll be in need of unique and romantic accommodations. For that, turn to the guest rooms and the historic grandeur of the Water Street Inn, Stillwater’s #1-rated hotel.
You have your choice of guest rooms at our Stillwater Hotel. Our Tower Suites offer all the charm of the historic Stillwater railroad era with all the conveniences of modern-day, while our King Balcony Riverview Suites offer mesmerizing, panoramic views of the scenic St. Croix from your very own private balcony. We also offer traditional King and Queen rooms overlooking downtown Stillwater, along with a collection of historically decorated suites, each with double whirlpool tubs.
Enhance the romantic nature of your getaway with any number of enhancements, or choose from one of our specials and packages to make your stay that much more special. Don’t you think it’s time you reserved one of the most unique hotels in Minnesota, all the while enjoying a variety of romantic things to do in Stillwater MN? There’s certainly no need to relegate the romance just to Valentine’s Day! Book your room at our historic Stillwater MN Hotel today.