Our Stillwater lodging is the perfect place for a getaway in the perfect little getaway town. Stillwater, Minnesota is a breathtakingly lovely town on the St. Croix River, loaded with historic Midwest charm, and on any given day from a window or the rooftop of our 61-room inn, you can see gondolas and paddle-wheel riverboats glide across the surface under vertical-truss iron bridges as visitors run, bicycle or stroll along the riverfront trail.
And that’s all before we get into our Stillwater lodging’s many wonderful dining options — including a dazzling new rooftop restaurant — its wondrousness as a premium wedding venue, and the many storefront delights situated just a short walk from our doors. So make your plans for an American heartland getaway — and start by reserving your room today at our Stillwater MN Hotel today!
Top 5 Reasons to Stay at Our Stillwater Lodging
Stillwater is just a twenty-minute drive from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, yet feels a world apart from it, and part of that reason is the soothing ambience of our Stillwater lodging, as serene and sedate as the unhurried speed of the river surface that runs alongside it and gives the town its name.
Whether you’re looking for a retreat from the Cities or an out-of-the-ordinary getaway from elsewhere, here’s why we think you’ll enjoy slowing down and passing a spell at our Stillwater lodging:
- It’s all here. For the ultimate COVID-safe experience, you can have a getaway in its truest sense because you need never leave our Stillwater lodging to thoroughly enjoy your escape. Not only do we plenty of rooms — and room to roam — but we have all the little extras too, such as gas fireplaces, double whirlpool tubs, and balconies for taking in the magnificent city, river, and wooded views beyond.
- Great food under, and above, one roof. Not only can you get great breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at Charlie’s Restaurant, you can enjoy a beverage in the afternoons and evenings at Charlie’s Irish Pub next door. And then, of course, there’s our newest pride and joy — Papa’s Rooftop — with its dazzling panoramic views from the fourth floor. It’s open for both food and drink service at most times of the year, but it’s drinks-only in the winter months.
- Reasons to come back. If you’re visiting our Stillwater lodging on a getaway, then you’ll quickly see why the Water Street Inn is an ideal location for business events, banquets, group conferences, and especially weddings. Our conference room can seat up to 300, and our Victorian-themed Victoria’s Ballroom can handle up to 400 (in hopefully soon post-COVOD times). There are also three smaller ballrooms and a spacious foyer for your group event.
- Lowell Park. When you want a taste of what’s beyond our Stillwater lodging, take a breathtakingly scenic along this riverfront space, where you’ll enjoy great views, great paths of walking, running or bicycling, and much more. Enjoy the stately gazebo and up-close views of the charmingly historic vertical-truss bridge. It’s a great way to feel like a tourist without getting too far from the comforts of our inn.
- Stillwater dining and shopping. Stillwater has no shortage of fine places to eat and drink outside our Stillwater lodging, and to shop as well. Here’s a local guide to some great bars and restaurants, some of which are within walking distance. And here’s a local glimpse into the best can’t-find-it-anywhere-else shopping emporiums: clothing, jewelry, toys, outdoor gear, locally made products, gifts, and much more.
Our Stillwater Lodging Makes for the Perfect Getaway Stay
We hope you’re convinced that our Stillwater lodging makes for the perfect getaway — especially for those Midwesterners who don’t want to get too far away for their getaway. You won’t find this blend of convenient access to the big city and small-town Midwest riverfront charm — let alone historical warmth and big-hotel luxury — just anywhere.
So plan your Midwestern riverfront escape — and start by booking your guest room at our Stillwater MN Hotel today!