As the summer season winds down, we find ourselves eagerly awaiting the show of fall colors here in Stillwater, Minnesota. These vibrant displays of seasonal color are especially welcome after these long months of uncertainty in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you, like us, think a change of scenery this fall would be welcome, then we urge you to book a room at our incredible hotel in Stillwater, MN today.
When you stay with us, you get to enjoy stunning fall scenery along the St. Croix River, too. It’s easily one of the most picturesque parts of Minnesota, especially in the fall. In fact, it’s been named as one of America’s best towns for fall foliage. Fall colors don’t last for very long, though, so you’ll want to book your getaway soon to enjoy this season filled with stunning colors, delicious treats, and exceptional hospitality. Book your room today!
Stillwater Has the Best Minnesota Fall Colors
Though it’s hard to predict exactly when the fall colors will peak in Minnesota, we generally expect them to start appearing in the North in September. As the month wanes on and the weather cools off more, you can expect the fall colors to spread to the south, where they’ll continue well into the month of October. If your getaway is flexible, you can watch the fall color report and time your trip accordingly. Just keep in mind that fall is a popular time to get away, especially to a charming and beautiful town like Stillwater.
There are so many wonderful places to see stunning displays of Minnesota fall colors in the Stillwater area. It was named one of the best towns in America for fall colors for a reason. To give you a little inspiration to come see it firsthand this fall, here are 10 of our favorite ways to enjoy the fall colors in Stillwater, MN:
- The St. Croix River is at the heart of everything we do here in Stillwater, so it makes sense that one of our favorite things to do in the fall is to take a river cruise. From the water, the stunning display of fall colors on the banks of the river are absolutely breathtaking.
- Though it’s still a river cruise in a sense, you can enjoy the fall colors combined with the romance of Venice on one of the Gondola’s that cruise the river here in Stillwater.
- Take a bike ride across the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge on a newly constructed trail that brings you back to town via the new St. Croix Crossing Bridge via the Loop Trail.
- Enjoy the crisp fall air and stunningly beautiful fall colors from the only rooftop bar and restaurant in Stillwater, Papa’s Rooftop at the Water Street Inn.
- You know its fall when you can smell the scent of apple cider, apple pie, and a wide array of other scents wafting from the local orchards. Fall is the perfect time for apple picking. One of our favorites is Aamodt’s Apple Farm.
- There are two great wineries in the Stillwater area, home to plenty of delicious sips, tours, and tastings in the fall months. They are Saint Croix Vineyards and 7 Vines. For more delicious tastings, head to Thors Hard Cider.
- Take a scenic drive on the St. Croix Scenic Byway.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the incredible St. Croix River Valley.
- Walk the streets of downtown Stillwater, browsing the shops as you go, but stopping every now and then to admire the historic architecture in this charming town framed by some truly spectacular fall foliage.
- Climb the stairs in downtown Stillwater just to say you did, but also for the sensational views from the top. You won’t regret it!
Relax and Unwind at our Stillwater Hotel
Fall is not only undeniably beautiful in Minnesota, but it’s also the perfect time to curl up and enjoy the cozy atmosphere of our riverfront hotel. Nothing quite beats the comfort, amenities, and hospitality you’ll find at our hotel.
We think you’ll enjoy a complete change of scenery, but it goes beyond that, too! We’ll also pamper you with a delicious and freshly made breakfast every morning of your stay. We offer the perfect blend of “Minnesota Nice” hospitality. Couple this with stunning views of Minnesota fall colors and a fall getaway is hard to pass up. Escape the tangles of modern life, and book your getaway to our Minnesota hotel this October!