Our Stillwater MN Hotel is the premier wedding venue in the midwest. Not only does our historical hotel exude an elegant Victorian-era charm, but our 61-guest suites serve as the perfect place for your family and friends to stay for your spectacular event. Most importantly, when you choose our Stillwater MN Hotel as the backdrop for your ceremony and reception, we take care of everything—no detail goes unnoticed.
Built in the 1890s, our grand hotel has hosted thousands of successful events over the past century. In fact, it’s the Victorian period in history accredited for creating the style of weddings that we yearn for today—big festive gatherings with family and friends with exquisite decor, meals, and drinks—all with the happy couple front and center. Thankfully, our Grand Ballroom is versatile and is easily transformed into the space of your dreams.
The Water Street Inn sits along the shore of the picturesque St. Croix River; you can take in this stunning view from guest suites and our fantastic Rooftop. Our location also puts you within walking distance from our charming downtown area with restaurants, bars, local specialty shops, and riverfront activities. There’s plenty to fill the days leading up to your ceremony to extend the celebration as long as you can. Check out our upcoming availability in the new year and book today!
Get Married at Our Stunning Stillwater MN Hotel
Now that you’ve considered our Stillwater MN Hotel for your ceremony and reception, we’ll give you all details you need to know about holding your event with us. Always, our goal is to accommodate every request we can to the best of our ability.
Here are eight reasons to book your wedding at our Stillwater MN Hotel:
- It’s all about versatility! We offer multiple options for where you can hold your ceremony when you choose our Stillwater MN Hotel for your wedding. Our large Grand Ballroom (maximum 250 guests) can be configured into three different layouts depending on the size of your event. Papa’s Rooftop is one of the more impressive locales with sweeping views of the river and outdoor fire tables (maximum 150 guests).
- The Ballroom features a wooden dance floor and has audio and visual capabilities. We recommend Minnesota Wedding Party for DJ services for an exciting night filled with great music and a lively MC.
- We provide tables, chairs, linens, and service ware for all events. Couples don’t need to stress or worry about a thing! You’ll work closely with our event planner and staff to pick the layout that best fits your wishes.
- One of the best things about getting married at our Stillwater MN Hotel is our sales and wedding director extraordinaire, Julie K. Rademacher. She’s been in the event planning industry for years and knows all the ins and outs. Her motto: “let me make all of your wishes come true.”
- There’s very little we don’t offer when it comes to meal options. From breakfast buffets and lunch spreads to gourmet plated dinners with anything from tray-passed hors d’oeuvres, carving stations, high-end additions like lobster tails, and roasted meats. We pride ourselves on putting together wedding feasts to impress even the most particular guests!
- We have an extensive selection of beverage services for your cocktail hour, toasts, and reception as well: bottled and kegged beer, wine, Champagne, and specialty mixed drinks. We also provide all of the staff for serving and bartending.
- We have a great list of recommendations for any additional services (i.e., cake, photos, florist, and shuttles). If it’s not something that we handle personally at our Stillwater MN Hotel, we love to offer you this selection of vetted and competent local businesses to fill those roles.
- When you book your event at the Water Street Inn, you’ll be able to book a block of guest rooms. Including lodging onsite creates a sense of community among your wedding guests. More often than not, our overnight guests convene in one of our onsite bars before or after the event. And with rooms just upstairs, people can relax and have fun without worrying about driving home. Be sure to chat about booking guest rooms with your event planner!
The Perfect Place for Your Wedding Night
After your big day, there’s no better feeling than heading up to your suite with your new life partner. Our romantic suites with gorgeous views, cozy fireplaces, and comfortable beds are the perfect place to decompress and recap your fantastic wedding. You’ll also love our menu of add-on packages to make your first night together as special as it can be.
Start planning one of the best days of your life and book a tour at our Stillwater MN Hotel. You’ll get to see each venue option, meet staff, and start to imagine how your event will play out. Many couples make a whole romantic weekend and stay for a night or two—book a stay today!