It’s that time of year when we all deserve a vacation, and thankfully the Water Street Inn is one of the best places to stay in Minnesota! Our charming small town of Stillwater is the ideal area for a quick weekend getaway or a leisurely trip in the midwest. Not only will you have your pick from some of the finest restaurants and cafes, but you’ll also be right on the St. Croix Riverfront for cruises or water recreation and very close to fantastic hiking opportunities.
Our Victorian-era Hotel is one of the best places in Minnesota to make your home base while exploring all of these fantastic things to do in Stillwater. Take your pick from our 61 elegant guest rooms—all equipped with comfortable beds, private and spacious baths, and beautiful views. Some choice suites have jetted soaking tubs, fireplaces, and secluded balconies overlooking the river and historic Stillwater Lift Bridge.
As one of the best places to stay in Minnesota, we hold ourselves to the highest standard when it comes to hospitality. Our warm and welcoming staff is available throughout your stay to aid you to the best of our ability. If you’d like personalized recommendations for dining out or activities for your vacation, we’re here to help! Start planning your next getaway to Stillwater and book your room at the Water Street Inn today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in Minnesota
Our Stillwater Hotel is the ideal location in the midwest for an exciting and relaxing getaway. We’re right nearby all of the favorite things to do in the area. From boating excursions to breweries or fine dining and wine tasting, you’ll find it all in our cozy small town. After you book your room at one of the best places to stay in Minnesota, you can start planning your itinerary!
Here are our favorite things to do in Stillwater MN, near the Water Street Inn:
- The historic Lift Bridge can be seen directly from our hotel, but head out for an even closer view and take the Bike and Bridge Loop. A 4.5-mile trek is such a great way to take in the beautiful scenes of the St. Croix River and get some exercise. Bike rentals are available just around the block from our hotel at Herman Electric Bike Rental.
- For a different type of cycling, look into the tours with BierCycle Adventures. They have multi-person bikes for sightseeing in a unique way. For larger groups, beer and wine is allowed, an excellent activity for pre-wedding week shenanigans.
- Just outside the lobby, right along the riverfront, you’ll find many ways to get out on the water. The historic Stillwater River Boats are a classic way to cruise along the river, taking in the view and enjoying food and drink. If you’re here for a romantic getaway, the Gondola Romantica is the perfect outing for two. You’ll also find paddle boats and kayak rentals nearby.
- Our Inn is also one of the best places to stay in Minnesota for the culinary options. As a guest at our Stillwater Hotel, you’ll have access to three fantastic restaurants: Charlie’s Restaurant for upscale American fare, Charlie’s Pub for live music and casual meals, and Papa’s Rooftop for wood-fired pizza with the most spectacular view in the city.
- Head down to the historic area of Stillwater for shopping and taking in the sites. Our town is full of charming boutiques, and specialty shops for fun finds, souvenirs, and interesting locally made products.
- You’ll find unique wineries and cideries serving locally made beverages just a quick drive from downtown. Saint Croix Winery and Thor’s Hard Cider is a favorite destination for tastings, snacks, and live music. This is the same area where you’ll see hot air balloons soaring over the vineyards and orchards—such an unforgettable activity.
There are so many things to do in Stillwater MN, near our hotel! It’s genuinely one of the best places to stay in Minnesota for those who love to explore the outdoors, be that hiking, biking, or boating. But it’s also an ideal space for kicking back, taking in the view, or cozying up with a glass of wine by the fire.
Cozy Suites for a Luxury Stay our Stillwater MN Hotel
When you book your room at one of the best places to stay in Minnesota, you’ll notice right away that we pay close attention to detail and pride ourselves on our hospitality. For those who might be planning to pop the question sometime soon, we have a special package for that, and we offer an array of options to enhance your stay; from chocolates and wine or flowers and snacks, we’ve thought of everything!