In the Autumn months, our area comes alive with the trees changing from green to golds. The Minnesota fall colors are really some of the best in the world! Our charming town of Stillwater is the perfect place for Minnesota fall colors viewing on scenic drives, hikes in state parks, and along the shores of the St. Croix River. With Autumn comes that crispness in the air and beautiful sunny afternoons.
Minnesota fall colors range from the brightest gold and yellows to deep reds and oranges. The verdant evergreen trees serve as a dark backdrop, only making these fiery Minnesota fall colors pop even more. There’s something magical about Stillwater in Autumn. For those who may be looking for a romantic getaway, before the hectic holiday season is upon us, then you’re in luck.
Our historic Stillwater Hotel, right on the shores of the St. Croix River, is the perfect lodging for a romantic retreat to either rekindle or nourish relationships with our special someone. The Water Street Inn offers stunning views, private guest suites, a rooftop bar and restaurant, and amazing add-on packages to enhance your stay. We’re also in the ideal location for exploring the beauty of all the Minnesota fall colors all around us.
The Best Places to View Our Minnesota Fall Colors
While as a guest at our Stillwater Hotel, you’ll be able to view some beautiful Minnesota fall colors right from the comfort of your own suite. The St. Croix River cuts through wooded areas that come alive in Autumn. Our location puts you within close distance to some of our favorite hikes, city tours, and nature areas to really get a good look at these striking Minnesota fall colors.
Here are six places nearby for viewing the changing of the leaves in Minnesota:
- Year after year Stillwater MN is voted one of the best places to visit in the midwest. In fact, Travel & Leisure magazine has awarded our charming area as “America’s Best Town for Fall Colors” and we couldn’t agree more! The banks of the St. Croix River is ablaze with bright fall hues come September. Grab a cup of hot coffee and stroll along the river’s edge to truly take in this autumnal scene.
- If you’d like to get closer to the bright banks along the river, take a Stillwater boat cruise this fall. From historic river boats and gondola rides to private yachts and dinner cruises, you’ll have a ton of choices.
- Autumn is the perfect time for a visit to our amazing Stillwater wineries. Not only is this the busy time known as harvest, when the grapes are bursting on the vine and ready to be picked, but these wineries are also surrounded by beautiful wooded areas and glens awash with Minnesota fall colors.
- Right in the heart of downtown Stillwater is the trailhead for the Brown’s Creek State Trail. This route cuts through a broadleaf forested canopy and connects local parks and trail systems. You’ll be able to hike through these bright leaves and still be very close by to our Stillwater Hotel.
- Pioneer Park is just a 10 minutes walk from the front door of our Stillwater Hotel. Here you’ll take in lovely panoramic river views of the historic lift bridge and lots of open green space for a picnic.
- A perfect afternoon in Stillwater this fall is a trip out to Aadmot’s Apple Farm and Thor’s Hard Cider. Spend your time harvesting apples from the orchard and then imbibe in some locally made cider, either the crisp juice or hard stuff. Find a picnic table, grab a pint, and sit back as the Minnesota fall colors burst all around you.
Bright and Warm Lodging at Our Stillwater Hotel
Our Stillwater Hotel is a welcoming and cheerful place to stay. While our lobby and restaurants may be alive with the bustle of guests mingling, dining, or listening to live music, when you’re in your private suite you’ll be a world away from the activity. Our 61-room Victorian-era boutique hotel has spacious suites with all of the amenities you’ll need for a pleasant stay.
Our add-on packages enhance any stay, especially for those searching for romance. We can offer small comforts that make a big difference like roses and chocolates or more special gestures like 4-course dinners brought to your room or in-room couples massages. After a day on the trails exploring the Minnesota fall colors, you’ll be ready for some quiet relaxation with your special someone. Book your room today!